FaceTime, the video calling application available in Apple products, is an application that all iPhone users appreciate for its simple interface and stable connection performance. You can use this highly popular application even if you do not own an Apple product. Although it has been possible to use FaceTime on Android for 2 years, many users still do not know how to use FaceTime on their Android smartphones. Take a look at the article on how to use FaceTime on your Android devices.
Apple introduced FaceTime support for Android and other devices with iOS 15 in September 2021. You do not have to download an application on your phone to video chat with your iPhone-using friends. You can use FaceTime through an Internet browser.
5 Steps to Use FaceTime on Android
We reminded you that you must use an Internet browser to make video calls through FaceTime. Make sure your internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.) is up to date. Then follow the instructions below;
- Step 1 – Open FaceTime on your Apple device and click the “Create Connection” button.
- Step 2 – Copy the FaceTime link you created and type it into the internet browser on your Android device.
- Step 3 – After opening the FaceTime connection on your Android device, enter a name and click the “Continue” button.
- Step 4 – Click the “Join” button and if you see a camera and microphone permission notification, click the “allow” button.
- Step 5 – A join request notification appears on your Apple device, confirm and start the video call.
New FaceTime features coming with iOS 17
With the new iOS 17 update introduced in September 2023, several new features have been added to FaceTime. If someone you call via FaceTime does not answer your call, it’s now possible to leave them a voice or video message.
Another one of the best features of FaceTime with the new update to the iOS version is that you can create beautiful animations that cover your entire live image with hand gestures. You can make the video call even more fun by forming a heart with your hand or making other movements.
In addition to these fun new features, you can adjust portrait depth and studio light intensity in the video call to your wishes. The new FaceTime features only work on Apple devices that have been updated to iOS 17.
Using FaceTime on your Android or other devices takes just 5 steps. You don’t have to be an iPhone user to use FaceTime, and you can practically have the best video calling experience with your friends. Apple’s video calling app offers better video quality than WhatsApp, so you should choose this app.