Vivo continues to innovate in the smartwatch realm with the Vivo Watch 3, announced on November 13, 2023, and hitting the market on November 21. This sleek wearable combines cutting-edge technology with a stylish design, making it a compelling choice for users seeking a blend of fashion and functionality.
Design and Build
The Vivo Watch 3 boasts a compact and lightweight design, measuring 46.1 x 46.1 x 13.8 mm and weighing only 36 g. Its slim profile makes it comfortable for everyday wear. The device is equipped with an eSIM, providing added convenience, and it holds a 5ATM water-resistant rating, ensuring it can withstand water depths of up to 50 meters. Additionally, its compatibility with standard 22mm straps allows users to personalize their watch to match their style.
Featuring a vibrant 1.43-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 466 x 466 pixels (~326 ppi density), the Vivo Watch 3 delivers crisp visuals. The Always-on display functionality enhances user convenience by providing quick access to information without needing to wake up the device.
Performance and OS
Running on the proprietary Blue OS, the watch ensures smooth navigation and efficient performance. With no card slot for external storage, the internal 4GB storage and 64MB RAM provide ample space for apps and data.
Connectivity and Features
Connectivity options include Bluetooth 5.2, offering seamless pairing with compatible devices. The watch also supports NFC for convenient wireless transactions. While lacking Wi-Fi capability, the inclusion of GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, and QZSS ensures accurate location tracking for outdoor activities.
Sensors and Health Tracking
The Vivo Watch 3 is equipped with a comprehensive set of sensors, including an accelerometer, gyro, heart rate monitor, barometer, compass, altimeter, and SpO2 sensor. These sensors enable accurate fitness and health tracking, providing users with valuable insights into their well-being.
A 505 mAh non-removable battery powers the Vivo Watch 3, ensuring extended usage between charges. This robust battery capacity caters to users who prioritize a device that can keep up with their active lifestyles.
The watch includes a loudspeaker for audio feedback and notifications, and its 5ATM water resistance makes it suitable for various water-based activities. Unfortunately, there is no 3.5mm jack or USB port, limiting wired connectivity options.
Color Options and Price
The Vivo Watch 3 is available in elegant Black and Silver color variants, allowing users to choose a style that suits their preferences. Priced at approximately 150 EUR, it offers a compelling balance between features and affordability.
Pros of the Vivo Watch 3
- Sleek and Lightweight Design: With dimensions of 46.1 x 46.1 x 13.8 mm and a weight of 36 g, the Vivo Watch 3 offers a compact and lightweight design for comfortable everyday wear.
- AMOLED Display: The 1.43-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 466 x 466 pixels delivers vibrant and crisp visuals, complemented by the Always-on display functionality.
- eSIM Support: The inclusion of an eSIM adds convenience for users, allowing them to stay connected without relying on a paired smartphone.
- Water Resistance: The 5ATM water-resistant rating ensures the watch can withstand water depths of up to 50 meters, making it suitable for various water-based activities.
- Comprehensive Sensor Suite: Equipped with various sensors, including an accelerometer, gyro, heart rate monitor, barometer, compass, altimeter, and SpO2 sensor, the Vivo Watch 3 provides accurate health and fitness tracking.
- Long Battery Life: The 505 mAh non-removable battery offers extended usage between charges, catering to users with active lifestyles.
- Bluetooth 5.2 Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2 ensures seamless pairing with compatible devices, and NFC support allows for convenient wireless transactions.
- Stylish Color Options: The watch is available in elegant Black and Silver color variants, providing users with style choices.
- Reasonable Price: Priced at approximately 150 EUR, the Vivo Watch 3 offers a compelling balance between features and affordability.
Cons of the Vivo Watch 3
- No Wi-Fi Connectivity: The absence of Wi-Fi connectivity may limit the watch’s ability to receive notifications and updates independently of a paired smartphone.
- Lack of Wired Connectivity Options: The watch lacks a 3.5mm jack or USB port, limiting wired connectivity options for audio output or data transfer.
In conclusion, the Vivo Watch 3 stands out as a stylish and feature-rich smartwatch, catering to users who demand both form and function. With a sleek design, a vibrant AMOLED display, and a robust set of sensors for health tracking, it presents a compelling option in the competitive smartwatch market. Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast or a tech-savvy individual, the Vivo Watch 3 offers a comprehensive package that aligns with modern lifestyle needs.