Blackview, known for crafting robust and feature-rich smartphones, introduces the Shark 8, a device that seamlessly blends power and innovation. Released in November 2023, this phone stands out with its impressive specifications, including a high-refresh-rate display, powerful camera setup, and a reliable battery. In this review, we’ll dive into the details that make the Blackview Shark 8 a noteworthy addition to the smartphone market.
Design and Display
With dimensions of 168.5 x 76.6 x 8.4 mm and a weight of 198.3 g, the Shark 8 strikes a balance between a large, immersive display and a sleek, comfortable design. The 6.78-inch IPS LCD screen boasts a 120Hz refresh rate and 500 nits brightness, providing users with smooth visuals and vibrant colors. The 1080 x 2460 pixel resolution at approximately 396 ppi ensures crisp and clear details.
Performance and Software
Running on Android 13 with the customized Doke OS 4.0, the Shark 8 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G99 chipset, featuring an octa-core CPU configuration (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55). This setup promises efficient multitasking, smooth app performance, and an overall responsive user experience.
Memory and Storage
The Shark 8 offers ample storage space with 256GB of internal storage and 8GB of RAM. The inclusion of a microSDXC dedicated slot allows users to expand their storage further, ensuring that running out of space is not a concern. UFS 2.2 technology enhances data transfer speeds for a seamless user experience.
Capture the world in stunning detail with the Shark 8’s dual-camera setup. The primary 64 MP wide lens, featuring PDAF technology, ensures sharp and detailed photos. The secondary unspecified camera adds versatility to your photography, providing flexibility in different shooting scenarios. LED flash, HDR, and panorama features enhance the overall camera experience. The device supports video recording at 1440p@30fps and 1080p@30fps.
For selfie enthusiasts, the 13 MP wide front camera promises clear and vibrant self-portraits, with video recording capabilities at 1080p@30fps.
Connectivity and Features
The Shark 8 offers comprehensive connectivity options, including Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC. The inclusion of FM radio adds a touch of versatility, and the USB Type-C 2.0 port supports OTG functionality. The rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, and proximity sensor enhance the phone’s usability and security features.
Battery and Charging
A substantial 5000 mAh non-removable battery ensures long-lasting usage, catering to users with busy, on-the-go lifestyles. The 33W wired charging support provides a quick and convenient way to top up the device, keeping you connected throughout the day.
The Blackview Shark 8 is available in three stylish colors: Galaxy Blue, Scorching Gold, and Moonlight Grey, allowing users to choose a variant that complements their style preferences.
Pros of the Blackview Shark 8
- High-Refresh-Rate Display: The 120Hz refresh rate on the 6.78-inch IPS LCD display ensures a smooth and responsive visual experience.
- Powerful Performance: Powered by the MediaTek Helio G99 chipset and an octa-core CPU, offering efficient multitasking and a responsive user experience.
- Ample Storage and RAM: With 256GB of internal storage and 8GB of RAM, the Shark 8 provides generous space for apps, media, and smooth multitasking.
- Expandable Storage: The microSDXC dedicated slot allows users to expand storage further, providing flexibility for users with growing storage needs.
- Versatile Camera System: The 64 MP wide lens and additional unspecified camera offer flexibility for different photography scenarios.
- Comprehensive Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0 with OTG functionality ensure a wide range of connectivity options.
- Large Battery Capacity: The substantial 5000 mAh battery provides long-lasting usage, ideal for users with active lifestyles.
- Fast Charging: The 33W wired charging support offers quick top-ups for convenient usage throughout the day.
- Color Options: The availability of three stylish colors – Galaxy Blue, Scorching Gold, and Moonlight Grey – provides users with choices to suit their style preferences.
- Usability and Security Features: The inclusion of a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, and FM radio adds to the phone’s usability and security features.
Cons of the Blackview Shark 8
- 13 MP front camera
- LCD Display
In conclusion, the Blackview Shark 8 impresses with its blend of powerful performance, innovative features, and a sleek design. Whether you’re a photography enthusiast, a multitasker, or someone who values long-lasting battery life, the Shark 8 has something to offer. With its competitive specifications and thoughtful design, the Shark 8 stands as a solid choice in the smartphone market.