Honor continues to redefine the smartphone landscape with the launch of the Honor Play 8T, a device that seamlessly blends innovation, power, and affordability. Announced on October 17, 2023, and hitting the shelves on the same day, the Honor Play 8T promises an immersive experience for users.
Connectivity Beyond Limits
The Honor Play 8T boasts a comprehensive range of connectivity options, supporting GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO, LTE, and the future-ready 5G technology. Dual SIM functionality ensures that you stay connected on multiple networks.
Immersive Display for Unmatched Visuals
Experience visuals like never before on the expansive 6.8-inch TFT LCD display. With a 90Hz refresh rate and a peak brightness of 850 nits, the display ensures smooth visuals and excellent visibility even in challenging lighting conditions.
Powerful Performance at Your Fingertips
Running on Android 13 with MagicOS 7.2, the Honor Play 8T is powered by the Mediatek MT6833P Dimensity 6080 chipset. The octa-core CPU, featuring Cortex-A76 and Cortex-A55 cores, delivers swift and efficient performance.
Capture Every Moment in Detail
The device features an impressive 50 MP wide lens and a 2 MP depth sensor in its dual-camera setup. Whether it’s capturing stunning landscapes or creating bokeh-filled portraits, the Honor Play 8T ensures you never miss a moment.
Entertainment Hub with High-Quality Audio
Enjoy an immersive audio experience with stereo speakers delivering rich sound. The inclusion of a 3.5mm jack and support for 24-bit/192kHz audio enhances your audio experience, whether you’re streaming music or watching videos.
Smart Connectivity and Sensory Excellence
Connect effortlessly with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, and Wi-Fi Direct. The device supports Bluetooth 5.1 and comes with advanced sensors, including a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, and compass.
Enduring Battery for Extended Usage
With a massive 6000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, the Honor Play 8T ensures prolonged usage without worrying about running out of power. The 35W wired charging capability adds convenience to your charging routine.
Elegant Design in Vibrant Colors
Express your style with the Honor Play 8T, available in eye-catching Green, Silver, and Black variants. The sleek dimensions of 166.7 x 76.5 x 8.2 mm and a weight of 199 g make it a stylish yet comfortable device to carry.
Affordability Meets Excellence
Despite its advanced features, the Honor Play 8T comes at an attractive price point of about 140 EUR, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a feature-packed smartphone without breaking the bank.
Pros of the Honor Play 8T:
- Extensive Connectivity: Supports a wide range of connectivity options, including GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO, LTE, and 5G, ensuring users stay connected in various network environments.
- Camera Setup: Features a 50 MP wide lens and a 2 MP depth sensor, enabling users to capture detailed and creative shots.
- Audio Excellence: Stereo speakers deliver rich sound, and the inclusion of a 3.5mm jack and support for high-quality audio enhances the overall entertainment experience.
- Smart Connectivity: Offers advanced connectivity features such as Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.1, and a variety of sensors, including a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Long-lasting Battery: The massive 6000 mAh battery ensures extended usage, and the 35W wired charging capability adds convenience for quick recharging.
- Elegant Design: Stylish and sleek design with vibrant color options, providing users with a personalized and visually appealing device.
- Affordability: Despite its advanced features, the Honor Play 8T comes at an attractive price point of about 140 EUR, offering excellent value for money.
Cons of the Honor Play 8T:
- TFT LCD Display: While the display is large and offers a high refresh rate, the use of TFT LCD technology may not provide the same deep blacks and contrast as AMOLED displays.
- Performance: Powered by the Mediatek MT6833P Dimensity 6080 chipset and octa-core CPU.
- No Wireless Charging: Lacks the convenience of wireless charging, which has become a standard feature in some smartphones.
- Plastic Build: The materials used in the construction are not specified, but if the build includes plastic, it might be perceived as less premium compared to metal or glass builds.
Overall, the Honor Play 8T appears to be a feature-rich and affordable smartphone, catering to users who prioritize performance, display quality, and an extensive list of features without a high price tag.
In conclusion, the Honor Play 8T stands as a testament to Honor’s commitment to delivering powerful and innovative devices at affordable prices. Whether you are a tech enthusiast or someone looking for a reliable daily driver, the Honor Play 8T has something to offer for everyone.