The smartphone industry is constantly evolving, with new innovations and releases keeping tech enthusiasts on their toes. This week brings a plethora of exciting developments, with Sony’s camera sensors, OPPO’s cutting-edge cameras, and HyperOS making headlines. Let’s dive into the key highlights of these developments.
iQOO 12 Pro and iQOO 12 Launched
iQOO, a subsidiary of Vivo, has unveiled its latest offerings in the Chinese market, the iQOO 12 Pro and iQOO 12. These smartphones come with impressive features that cater to both gamers and photography enthusiasts.
The iQOO 12 Pro boasts:
- A powerful Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset for seamless performance.
- LPDDR5X memory and UFS 4.0 flash memory for fast data access.
- A self-developed Gaming chip Q1, designed to enhance the gaming experience.
- A massive 5705mm² stainless steel VC vapor chamber for efficient cooling.
- A 6.78-inch LTPO OLED display with a high resolution of 3200×1440 and a 144Hz refresh rate.
- Samsung E7 display technology and a peak brightness of 3000nit.
- Impressive camera setup with a 16MP selfie camera and a triple rear camera featuring a 50MP main camera, a 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 64MP periscope telephoto lens.
- A robust 5100mAh battery with 120W fast charging and 50W wireless charging capabilities.
- Variants in Legend Edition, Track Edition, and Rantu, with different thickness and weight profiles.
- Advanced features like NFC, Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.4, IP68 certification, and OriginOS 4.
- Pricing ranging from 4999 CNY to 5999 CNY, depending on the storage configuration.
The iQOO 12, on the other hand, offers similar features with a few differences, including a slightly smaller stainless steel VC vapor chamber, a lower display resolution, and a lower price point.
MediaTek Dimensity 9300
MediaTek has introduced the Dimensity 9300 chipset, featuring advanced specifications such as a 4nm TSMC process, a powerful CPU configuration, and a host of additional features, including AI processors, display processors, and improved connectivity options.
Redmi K70 and Realme GT 5 Pro
Leaks have revealed that the Redmi K70 is set to feature a camera module similar to the Xiaomi 14 Pro. Both smartphones sport impressive camera capabilities and other high-end specifications.
Realme GT 5 Pro live image leaked. Similar desgin with Huawei Mate 50 Pro.
SONY LYTIA’s Camera Sensor
Sony LYTIA has clarified the distinction between LYT-808 and LYT-T808 sensors, emphasizing that their names might be similar, but their structures and performance are entirely different. LYT-808 is intended for sub-flagship devices, while LYT-T808 is a flagship sensor designed for foldable smartphones.
Sony’s LYTIA and MediaTek have introduced support for 14-bit HDR shooting using the IMX989 DCG-HDR sensor, offering a significantly expanded dynamic range, which is expected to be featured in smartphones like the X100 Pro and Find X7.
While not officially announced, the OnePlus 12 has received quality certification in China, suggesting an imminent launch. Some of the key specifications include a 5400mAh battery, 100W wired fast charging, and 50W wireless fast charging.
OPPO & OnePlus Sony LYTIA Camera Sensor Collaboration
OPPO is introducing a new camera sensor for its smartphones, and OnePlus 12 will feature a next-generation super highlights and shadows image engine developed in collaboration with OPPO’s Find development team. This promises improved noise reduction and enhanced image quality. OPPO Find N3 will use Sony LYT-T808. First in world.
The OnePlus 12 will feature the Sony LYT-808, a 53 MP sensor with a 1/1.43-inch optical format. In addition, the phone will have the OmniVision OV64B camera. The camera has a 64 MP sensor and 5x optical zoom.
OPPO’s upcoming Find X7 series will feature a new ultra-light imaging system developed in collaboration with Hasselblad. This promises to create impressive Hasselblad Master images with advanced algorithms based on raw image data.
OPPO Reno 11
Leaked real-life images of the OPPO Reno 11 suggest that this upcoming smartphone offers a sleek and stylish design.
HyperOS Update Policy
Xiaomi users should take note that unlocking the bootloader may result in a suspension of HyperOS updates. To continue receiving updates, users will need to relock their bootloaders.
Additionally, to unlock the bootloader, you will now need to have a level 5 account on Xiaomi and apply from there.
The smartphone industry continues to push boundaries and surprise consumers with new and exciting features. Whether you’re a photography enthusiast, a mobile gamer, or just someone who appreciates the latest tech innovations, these new smartphones and developments promise a lot to look forward to.